Monday, August 17, 2009

Tribute to My Wonderful Husband!!

So I have been thinking about this post for a couple of days, and wanted to have the time to write it down. You see, I have THE BEST possible husband IN THE WORLD!! I don't know how I got SO BLESSED, but somehow, God smiled down upon me!! He is SO amazingly patient, loving, caring, and compassionate, just to name a few of his wonderful traits!! He understands me, and really tries to help me whenever he sees a need. So this is how the post started to form...My husband told me to take the night off on Wednesday because I had been with Tom for so long, especially while he was in Roosevelt. So I went over to my Mom's house and we worked on crafts. Well, I came home to the two HUGE piles of laundry STILL on the floor...at this point I got a little frustrated because I thought, I can't take a break because nothing gets done. Of course Barry felt bad about it, and apologized. He said that he hadn't seen the HUGE piles of laundry... :0) Well, the next day he had about 2 hours in the morning after I left, and before he had to teach a lesson, so what do you think he did? He cleaned the house!! Sweet huh?!! He knew I felt overwhelmed and needed some help, so he decided to do it all!! I came home to a clean kitchen, and clean floor, clean room, and 2 loads of laundry done, and a clean bathroom!! On Friday morning he had to be gone by 6:00 AM, so I had a couple hours to take these cute pictures...Notice that two of those socks match, but they are only lying NEXT to each other? Not together...


And notice where the tag is? On the outside...HAHAHA!!




This picture really made me laugh because he tried SO hard, and did such a good job, but I think that it might have been a little easier to leave the shirt right side in, instead of right side out...but I'm NOT going to complain!! Anytime he wants to help me out, I will willing let him!!


Then, this weekend, Barry played in the Salt Lake City Open, so I went and followed him around for two days. I got a nice, crispy sunburn, but it was well worth it to be with my wonderful Hubby!! Barry's parents took us out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse (YUM) and as soon as we pulled in to the parking space, I knew something was missing, and that something was my...Beautiful....
RING!!!
Yes, I am serious...my ring was not on my finger where it should be!! I showed the hand to Barry and said "Look!!" And his response was..."What? Are you hungry? Shaky?" My response was "No, what's missing?" "Ummm..." "My Ring!!" :0) As you can tell he wasn't too stressed, but as my stress became more apparent, then he got worried. The last time I had remembered having it was on hole #16, because I had taken if off because my fingers go SO swollen in the hot sun. Needless to say we hurried and ate (Well I didn't eat much) and rushed back to Wing Pointe golf course!! We looked all around, on our hands and knees, and some sweet ladies who had A Lot of sympathy helped as soon as Barry told them what we were looking for (Of course my voice could not utter the awful words that I had lost my wedding ring, because I would break into sobs when I did!) It wasn't there, and on the way home I SOBBED my Head off!! Barry promised to buy me a new, bigger more expensive ring, but that would only make me sadder!! I didn't want a new ring!! I wanted the ring he asked me to marry him with!! I wanted the ring that he gave to me on our wedding day, and that had been on my hand for only 8 SHORT months!! We went over to my parents house because my Dad is amazing at finding things. Finally after deciding that the only way to find it would be to get a metal detector, and since they were expensive and we didn't know anyone who had one, we were just going to have to hope someone found it. I wanted to go home because I was Emotionally, Physically, and Mentally DRAINED!! I wanted to go to sleep, since I had gotten up at 7:00 AM both mornings and walked the 7 miles on the golf courses!! My Dad knew that it had to be somewhere that was obvious so he was checking my car a little...he decided to look in between the console in our car, and found a fork (Don't ask why a fork was in the car. Barry's had it the past couple days while I had his...Who knows why anything is in there!!) When he moved the fork, Barry noticed something shiny, and round...and Oh, he FOUND IT!!! Oh my Gosh!! What a HUGE relief!!! I was SO grateful that he had found it!! We were able to enjoy the rest of the night, and I was able to sleep like a log (minus the crispy sunburn!) I can't tell you how GRATEFUL I am for my Husband, for his understanding when he thought I had lost my ring like a mindless women!! For his loving words and encouragement that we Would find it!! For trying to make me feel better by telling me that it really wasn't that great of a ring, so it would be better to get a new one!! He always tries to help me no matter what!! He cleans up after himself, which is not a common thing among the male gender, I've heard!! He works hard, and has the patients of JOB!!! And loves to joke and kid around with me all of the time!! Even things that would drive me nuts, he lets me do!! I'm amazed that I was smart enough to say yes to this Amazing man, and feel so blessed to be married to Barry Charles Schenk!! I Love You sweetheart!! Happy "two month" anniversary tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree that Barry is a very, very, very nice guy! He scored big points the night he brought us Danilo's cell phone when we left it in his truck!

    ReplyDelete