Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our Garden!!

**WARING**** THE NEXT FEW BLOGS HAVE A LOT OF PICTURES, but I'm going to make my blog into a book someday, so I want a lot of pictures.

On Monday we had my parents come over for a great Taco Ring dinner (easy, and really good!!) We needed some tomatoes and we decided that our tomatoes were FINALLY looking good enough to actually eat!! Now you have to realize that this was my pride a joy, especially before we went on our honeymoon. I think the reason was because I was able to focus on something besides the wedding, and this would be something worthwhile. On Memorial Day we decided to start this little garden. It was kind of late in the year, but we wanted to have something that we could grow. We got the pots, and plants, and miracle grow soil. Little did we know that you aren't suppose to use just miracle grow soil, you are actually suppose to have some potting soil also. Well, most of our plants died, but our tomatoes somehow survived, well kind of. So on Monday, when we got to pick these little beauties, I thought it called for some "Kodak" moments!!
These are our carrots that Barry pulled up to see how they were doing! :0) Well, their dead now, but we got to see that they had been growing!! Ha HA!!! Love my husband!!



Getting ready to pick that beautiful little tomato!!
He wanted a picture with me doing it.
And now, here I am actually trying to get it off!! Goodness, I guess it wasn't that ripe yet because it didn't just fall off the vine!!


So our beautiful, kind of expensive little project has actually produced "fruit!" We were SO excited to be able to grow something!! I sometimes forget to water them now that we are home from our honeymoon, so it's actually pretty amazing that they all didn't die!! But Hooray for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment