Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I have a Confession...

Okay, I have a confession to make... I have an addiction!! (Gasp!) I know, I'm LDS, and we shouldn't have such things. But I can't help myself!!! I think about them day and night, and can't wait until I get to see them again!! Yes, I do this with Barry!! But there is something else that I am almost equally obsessed with...

Yes, they are BOOKS!!! Now I've recently learned that books should have a rating!! I thought all books were created equal...pure, whole goodness that really made you feel better to read it. I have since decided that I REALLY have to start being picky about my choice of books!!


Yesterday as I was at searching for a an apartment for Barry and I to live (yes I know we have a great set-up with the man that has MS, but it really is hard to not be newly-weds) I ran across an ad on KSL for BOOKS...Of course I was intrigued because I love them. And to my great surprise and delight, there was an add that read: 24 books for $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00, or take all for $15.00 Most published by Covenant. Now for those of you who don't know, Covenant is the publisher for Deseret Book, so of course these were going to be good reads, pure whole sweet books. At first I wanted to POUNCE on the offer. But I decided that a new apartment was worth more, and I would be good and try to save money. That night, I just happened to mention to Barry my find, and of course he asked me why I didn't get them already? Well...I'm trying to save money, and be a good wife. Then he pointed to his incriminating evidence of Saturday...there on our bed, lay a book that was just purchased for $15.00. One book, $15.o0, vs. 24 for $15.00. I know he thought I was crazy, and as I pondered it, I realized I was. Right then, at 9:30 at night, I called the seller and asked if they had been sold. I was informed that they hadn't even received a single call. YEAH!!! And the best part... we could pick them up now!! We rushed into the car, drove to West Jordan, and purchased all 24 books for a small price!! I am SO ecstatic I can hardly keep my mind on anything else!! So there you are!! I am THE BIGGEST book worm ever!! But reading is my escape, my way to unwind and fill my reservoir so that I can keep giving my time, talents and love to those around me!! What do you do for fun?


I have forgotten to post about my Fabulous weekend!! I forgot that I had a digital camera and sadly, didn't take pictures. But we had another great pool party on Friday with my cousin Brent and his wife Natalie and my brother Chris!! Now the day didn't go quite as smoothly because I did have to work, but it was still a blast!! We made HOBO dinners, and then went swimming. Afterwards we played


And it looked exactly like this classic board because it was Tom's and it was from 1949!! How cool!! It was a fabulous day!! Then Saturday was spent working on my other obsession lately...crafting!! I made a Frankenstein girl doll. And she is SO cute, if I do say so myself!! I will take a picture and let you decide, but I just have to remember my camera!! And of course Sunday was Amazing at church, but I plan on blogging about that later. I hope your weekends were Marvelous as well, and thankfully only 2 days more until the next!!

1 comment:

  1. I just looked at my dashboard and realized there was a new person following my blog. Click on the link and it's you!!! So... cool, I didn't know you had a blog. Now I can read all about you two.

    I hope married life is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete